Stress and Tension
Almost everyone experiences stress and tension at times, and while a little stress can help motivate us, too much or ongoing stress can be damaging to both our physical and mental health.
There are many things in life that can cause stress, including work, relationships, family issues and financial problems. For some people, stress causes them to adopt unhealthy coping methods such as smoking or drinking – and while this may feel like a quick fix, these habits are harmful and ultimately, do not address the stress itself.
Some common signs are:
- Lack of motivation
- Sleeplessness or over sleeping
- Moodiness – anger, irritability, depression
- High blood pressure
- Heart palpitations
- Concentration or memory difficulties
- Muscle aches and pains
- Feeling overwhelmed or anxious
- Increased eating, drinking or nervous habits
- Using alcohol or other substances to cope
The skilled psychologists at Ritchie & Associates can provide assistance to people struggling to cope with excessive stress as well as assisting people to recover after stress-related breakdown. Please contact us so we can help you to help yourself with stress.