Cognitive & Intelligence (IQ) Assessments
An intelligence assessment measures an individuals IQ (intelligence quotient). It provides detailed information about an individual’s intellectual functioning, thinking and reasoning skills, and cognitive strengths and weaknesses.
A series of activities are administered by an accredited psychologist, to assess various areas of cognitive ability including:
- Processing Speed – ability to quickly process and make decisions about visual information
- Working Memory – ability to learn, manipulate and retain information
- Verbal Comprehension – vocabulary range and ability to express general knowledge and explain concepts
- Auditory Processing – ability to recognise and interpret sounds from the surrounding environment
- Visual Spatial –capacity for mentally generating, rotating, and transforming visual images